Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mad Skillz

Babykins has developed (and rediscovered) some mad skillz lately.  Her talking repertoire now includes the wawawa sounds, mixed with the occasional bababa and (I swear!) a very rare mama - mostly when she's crying.  She's also starting to get the hang of the crawling motion.  She's not cruising around yet, but she's starting to push off with her feet in an effort to scooch forward.  Unfortunately, at the moment, this activity usually just causes her to face plant, but that hasn't deterred her from continuing to give it the old college try.

We've also been working with Babykins to rediscover rolling.  After an early start, rolling from her tummy to her back at 3 months, and one miraculous roll from back to tummy at 5 months, Babykins gave up on the whole rolling concept in favor of sitting.  Personally, I think sitting's pretty awesome (not to mention holding onto furniture and standing!), but at her 6 month check up, the doctor put the term "Infrequent Roller" in Babykins' chart, so we're back to extensive tummy time.  After many fun rolling games (I roll her across the floor, roll her over in a tube at play group, and clap like crazy anytime she looks like she might consider rolling), Babykins has deigned to roll over 5 more times on her own.  I count this as success and hereby officially declare her a "Frequent Roller." 

Perhaps more exciting, Babykins has finally learned how to put her head down without suffocating herself.  For some unknowable reason, Babykins has always insisted on putting her head down face first when on her tummy.  This has a tendency to smash her nose and mouth into the floor.  Although she usually props her head up on her hands, leaving some breathing room, I've always worried a bit about her ability to breathe in this position.  This week, the head has finally turned!

Congratulations Babykins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment