Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Too Young for Dairy Queen?

Babykins had her 6 month check up today.  She's growing, healthy, and happy and now, after the appointment, completely traumatized.  I knew she would need to get her immunizations today, but when the doctor walked in with 5 needles, I just about cried. 

I held Babykins while she got her shots (2 in one thigh, 3 in the other), and as expected, she grabbed my arm, buried her head in my neck, and screamed until she turned red.  When the shots were done she eventually calmed down, although any time she looked at the doctor, she started crying again.

All of which made me wish that she was old enough to enjoy the bribe my parents used with me on shot days - a trip to Dairy Queen.  Few things in the world take away the pain of a shot as well as a small bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and rainbow jimmies (sprinkles, for those of you not from Philly).  I considered having a bowl on Babykins' behalf, but soon realized that while she can't yet have that wonderful, creamy treat, she was quite content to have a nursing feast in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment