Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Big D

This week, Babykins and I took a big and terrifying step.  We went to tour our first daycare.  The original plan was that I would stay home with Babykins for the first year, then return to work full time.  Recently, though, I've been thinking it may be better to head back to work part time after the holidays, then work my way to full time over a couple months.

Which brought Babykins and I to the daycare.  On the plus side, I think she'll like it.  Babykins loves going to play group, and really, daycare is just one long play date.  On the down side, I'm not sure I'm ready to leave her.  More than anything else, the thought of going back to work and leaving Babykins with other people all day brings on conflicting emotions of excitement (I can talk to other grown ups!), sadness (I love being with Babykins), and guilt (what if she never forgives me for abandoning her?).

Luckily, we have some time for both of us to adjust to the idea.  And if Babykins doesn't learn how to drink her milk from an alternative source soon, it'll be a moot point, anyway.  In the meantime, we'll keep visiting day cares and making the most of our time together now.

No comments:

Post a Comment