Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Great Race

Recently, Babykins has discovered that under her diaper she has a heiney.  As with all great discoveries, it must be explored, and diaper changing time provides her only opportunity.  This has led us to the Great Race between Mommykins, armed with a wipe, and Babykins, armed with gleeful curiosity.

Babykins, although not yet fully coordinated, has speed and two free hands on her side.  While I have dexterity and planning on my side, I'm sleep deprived and slow.  We're pretty evenly matched.  For awhile, a clean diaper served as a distraction, keeping both of Babykins' hands occupied.  She seems to have figured out the trick, though, waiting until my hands are full then throwing down the diaper and making a mad grab.  Apparently, Babykins also has superior intellect on her side.

Thanks to Babykins' outstanding win record, I have perfected the Catch and Wipe, getting her hand wiped off before it reaches her mouth.  This always brings on hearty bouts of laughter from Babykins.  I can't tell whether she just enjoys the feel of the wipe, or whether she's celebrating her win.  I have a feeling it's a little of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment