Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat!

According to an article my mom (Grandmommykins) read, more than 75% of parents admit to pilfering Halloween candy from their children's stash.  Since Babykins doesn't have any teeth and is much too young for sweets, I consider eating her Halloween candy more of a public service.  It would teach Babykins a bad lesson if we let food go to waste.

We celebrated Babykins first Halloween 2 nights this weekend.  On Saturday we went to Honolulu's Hallowbaloo music festival.  Babykins got all dressed up in her little orange and white "Baby's First Halloween" onesie and hit the town.  We got a picture with Mickey (Babykins cried), listened to some bands, and when Babykins fell asleep decided to push our luck and eat dinner there.  We got home at 7:30 (a big night out in the Babykins household!), at which point Babykins promptly woke up from what she considered a great nap and proceeded to not sleep.  An hour later I was asleep on the floor, Hubbykins barely had his eyes open on the sofa, and Babykins was wide awake playing with her toys.

Sunday night we dressed Babykins up in the little "Boo" ghost costume I'd worn for my first Halloween and headed to Bishop Museum's Treat Street.  We arrived promptly at 5:30 when it opened to discover a line reminiscent of Disney World in order to go in.  Babykins fell asleep on the way there and stayed passed out while we waited in line, but like the brave (foolish?) parents we are, we woke her up when we entered so that she could have the Trick or Treating experience.  You walk past about 100 yards of painted back drop that holes cut out where people stick their arms through and drop candy in your bag.  By the time we reached the 3rd hole, Babykins was crying.  Disembodied hands just aren't her thing.

A few tears, one sleepless night, and much pilfered candy later, I'm happy to say we had a wonderful first Halloween with the ever adorable Babykins.

No comments:

Post a Comment