Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Monday, October 11, 2010

This holiday weekend we're going on a guilt trip!

When Babykins was 3 months old, she started sleeping 10 straight hours through the night.  Although we tried not to show it too much, we were smugly gleeful.  At 4 months, she started waking up once a night to eat.  The doctor said it was because she was growing, and we started solid food.  By 5 months karma had come back to kick us, and Babykins was waking up twice a night to nurse, twice a night after spitting out her pacifier, and once or twice just for a cuddle.  I have learned my lesson about smugness.

With leads us this weekend to the great debate - how do we get her to sleep through the night?  Do we Ferber-ize her (the so-called Cry It Out method)?  Go with the Sears method (which as far as I can tell involves co-sleeping and cuddling)? Or just suck it up and accept that we'll never sleep again?

We went Ferber(ish).  I'm not sure who cried more - Babykins or Mommykins.  But after two 10 minute cycles, Babykins slept for 9 1/2 hours, and tonight it only took 4 minutes of crying before she fell back asleep.  Which leaves Babykins sleeping like a baby, and me wracked with guilt about the emotional damage I've caused this weekend.  Guilt stricken, but also slightly smug :)

No comments:

Post a Comment