Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Babies!

This weekend we watched the documentary, "Babies."  This cute little movie follows four babies from birth until a little past 1 year: Hattie from San Francisco, Ponijao from Namibia, Bayarjargal from Mongolia, and Mari from Tokyo.  It had more than its share of adorable, funny, and touching moments, and I cooed, awwwwed, and laughed my way through it.

At the end, though, my strongest emotion was relief.  Surely, if these babies can survive to be happy and healthy, then I can worry just a little less about Babykins.  The baby from Mongolia was using a pig's tongue with a match stick through it as a pacifier.  The baby from Namibia was chewing on a stick.  Little Bayarjargal got stepped on by a cow with no ill effects.  Ponijao was covered in flies from birth and did just fine.

And absolutely no one's mother seemed concerned that maybe her baby was bored during a walk through the mall.

I don't think this was necessarily the point of the movie, but I certainly found it liberating.  I have a feeling, though, that Babykins might not be as pleased with my interpretation of the movie's moral.

Cuteness alert!!!  Babykins has recently learned how to blow raspberries.  She gets a big smile, sticks out her tongue, and blows.  You get covered in baby spit, but with a baby this adorable, you don't really mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment