Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

You Know You're a First Time Parent When...

The other day at the store, I was talking to the lady behind me in line when she said, "This must be your fist baby."  What gave me away?  I like to think that I just look too young to have more than one child.  But I'm pretty sure there are some other major giveaways.

You know you're a first time parent when...
  • You have 10 books on how to raise your baby and you try to simultaneously follow the advice from all of them
  • Instead of just letting your baby cry in the store, you stop to sing 5 Little Ducks 
  • You not only sing 5 Little Ducks, you do it in sign language, too
  • You call the doctor the first time your baby sleeps 8 hours to make sure nothing's wrong
  • You insist that your child will not eat any junk food until she's 5 
  • You actually stop and listen when strangers offer advice
  • You start every other sentence with, "The book says..."
And perhaps the most telling...you still have time to write a blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment