Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Everything's a First at 6 Months

Since Babykins has only been in the world for 6 months, almost everything she does is a first.  Eat a Cheerio?  A first!  Roll over?  A first!  There have been some big firsts since coming to Hawaii, though, and yesterday was one of them.

Babykins got her first passport photos.  Being an international baby, our little Australmerican must be ready to jet at a moment's notice.  Unfortunately, to get her picture taken she had to sit by herself in the middle of a big white mat, which quickly led to tears and resulted in a picture with red-rimmed eyes and a slightly dazed look.  It turns out even adorable babies don't get to have perfect passport pictures.  I'm hoping she'll have another first before heading to Australia - I'm working on getting her to say, "G'day Mates" in a little Aussie accent.

In even cuter "first" news, the Babykins has been working hard lately to be able to put her own pacifier in her mouth.  It's hit or miss, but today I looked over to discover her trying to put the pacifier in her dolly's mouth.  Dolly's a cat with a sewn on mouth, so it didn't work, but it was awfully sweet watching Babykins try to share - a very important "first".

No comments:

Post a Comment