Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Weeee!!!!

Last week I signed Babykins up for a local play group called Wee Play & Learn.  We had stopped in for a free trial, thinking it would be a one-day, fun diversion, but 1 hour and an infants pricing special later, we were hooked.

The obvious question, of course, is, "What exactly does a 6 month old do at a play group?  Drool on the other babies?"  It turns out they can do a lot (in addition to drooling on other babies, which actually happened to Babykins her first day).  There are shakers and songs and stories.  Parachutes and bubbles and puppets.  Bouncy balls and games and toys galore!  And most importantly, huge smiles and lots of belly laughs from Babykins!!

Honestly, I stopped even thinking about the price when I saw how much Babykins loved that hour of play (and it doesn't hurt that afterward she's so tuckered out from all of the fun that she immediately takes a nap).  She loves watching the other kids and joining in the activities.  And the hubbykins and I have learned that she has skills we didn't know about.  Who would have guessed you can play wheelbarrow with a 6 month old?  And we were shocked to discover that Babykins can use a toy to hold herself in a standing position without us supporting her! 

Now, if only there was a Wee Play & Learn for mommies, too.  Wishing you all big smiles and belly laughs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment