Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

There's No ( ) in Mommyhood!

In "A League of Their Own," Tom Hanks famously yells at one of the women, "There's no crying in baseball!"  It turns out the same is true in mommyhood.  Babykins gets 5 shots and I just want to cry along with her.  Babykins falls over and bumps her head, I'm just about in tears with worry.  But there's no crying in mommyhood.  You have to smile, and sing a song, and tell Babykins everything is ok. 

I'm finding there are a lot of other things that don't exist in mommyhood.  There's definitely no sick days in mommyhood.  I felt a little sick Thursday night.  Woke up Friday morning feeling like I'd been run over by a large truck.  But Babykins doesn't care.  She still needs to eat, and get dressed, and be entertained. 

I'm sure there are lots of other things that don't exist in mommyhood...uninterrupted showers, sleeping in, nights on the town.  So fill in the blank for me..."There's no (   ) in mommyhood!"

Next blog...all the wonderful things that do exist in mommyhood that I didn't have before Babykins!

No comments:

Post a Comment