Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dear Random Stranger

Dear Random Stranger,

I know I'm the most adorable baby you've ever seen.  And I know that now that I'm a big, bad 6-monther who can sit up all by herself, you think I'm a big girl.  But please remember that I'm really just a little baby, and you're a random stranger I've never seen before, and that makes you SCARY.

If you make loud noises and fast, sudden movements, I will cry.  When I start to cry, please don't continue to make weird faces and sounds at me.  MOVE BACK and let my mommy pick me up.  Also, I know my chubby cheeks and squishy thighs are irresistible, but seriously, I'm going to ask you to exercise a little self control and resist.  It's one thing to poke my foot - it's another to touch my face or grab my hands.  My hands go directly into my mouth, and I don't know how recently you touched something dirty without washing your hands afterward.

And to the sales lady who actually picked me up without asking, you are so lucky daddy didn't tell mommy what store you work at, because mommy's been thinking things about you that could get her in serious trouble.

To all you other wonderful random strangers who stand back and wave and tell me what a cute baby I am, keep the love coming!!  I send you kisses.

Love,
Babykins

No comments:

Post a Comment