Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Big D, Revisited

Before the holidays, Babykins and I had started researching...drum roll please...daycare centers.  The original plan was for her to start in January so that I could start back to work.  That plan didn't work out, largely due to the fact that Babykins still nurses many times a day.

This week, however, we took a major step.  On Tuesday, I turned in Babykins daycare application.  She's scheduled to begin 2 days a week in March.  By then she'll be 11 months old, and supposedly able to go 8 hours without her mama.

I have no doubt that she'll be fine.  When we stopped in to drop off the application, we said hello to the Auntie that will be Babykins' primary caregiver (in Hawaii, Auntie is a common term of respect, especially for women who care for children).  As we stood there, Babykins just about climbed out of my arms in an effort to go play with the other kids and toys.

I, on the other hand, am not sure I'll make it.  While the thought of 8 whole hours to focus on work and home is exciting, the thought of leaving Babykins for an entire day makes me sad.  Over the next month we'll be making changes to prepare for this new phase, but I have a feeling neither one of us will make it through the first few days without some tears.

1 comment: