Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy 9-Month Birthday, Babykins!

Babykins is 9 months old today, which means that she has been out in the world for as long as she spent baking.  This got me to thinking about which is a more amazing developmental period: the 9 months she spent getting ready for the world, or the 9 months she's been in it.

On the one hand, during the 9 months of pregnancy, Babykins went from the combination of 2 little cells to a gummy bear to a tad pole to a vaguely human looking fetus to a fully formed, 7 lb 2 oz, 20 inch baby.  To go from not existing to full-fledged human in 270 days is a staggering feat.

On the other hand, during the last 9 months, Babykins has gone from a tiny baby who could barely see, couldn't move on her own, and did little beyond eat, sleep, and poop, to an amazing big baby who can crawl, stand, laugh, smile, and devise a plan to climb over the baby gate.  Once again, an absolutely awe-inspiring transition in 270 days.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to decide which is the greater achievement.  So for now, I'll just say, Happy 9-month birthday, Babykins!  And congratulations on all you've accomplished in the last 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment