Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Einstein + Edison = Babykins Mischief

In an effort to keep Babykins from wreaking havoc and destruction on our electronics equipment, Hubbykins recently erected a baby gate in front of the TV stand.  He then placed a large box of diapers in front of the gate to keep it from being easily pulled over by Babykins.

It was safe for approximately 5 seconds.  First, Babykins realized that if she pushed on the baby gate from the side, it would slide over and give her access to her second favorite electronic, the DVD player.  This was easily remedied by moving the baby gate over far enough that she couldn't shift it.  This didn't stop our intrepid Babykins, though.

The next time I looked over, our 8-month-old genius had grabbed my yoga block, placed it in front of the diaper box, and had climbed onto it like a step.  She was in the process of pulling herself up onto the diapers so that she could reach over the baby gate when I ran across the living room and swooped her up.

She didn't get ahold of any TV equipment, but I was once again reminded that Babykins is not to be underestimated.


Babykins' ingenious step stool


1 comment:

  1. Okay, you're going to laugh at me, but I have found that the folding gates I bought to keep my dogs out of things also work exceptionally well to keep curious toddlers out of things. I have a sturdy 8-panel folding gate called an X-Pen that's supposed to be used like a playpen for dogs, but instead I use it to put around my Christmas tree, around my electronics, and around things I don't want the dogs climbing on. They're universally helpful to have, also come in plastic or fabric, and I know lots of people with toddlers get them. So if you don't feel weird buying a dog gate and using it for your child, it might be worth it! Go to walmart.com and search for "exercise pen."

    ReplyDelete