Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Baby

I heard mommy and daddy talking this weekend about a woman who calls herself a Tiger Mother.  It sounds like she thinks she's pretty tough, but that's only because she's never met...TIGER BABY! 

This Tiger Mommy says she's hard on her kids because she knows they're strong and can take it, whereas I'm hard on mommy and daddy because they're fragile and I know I can break them.  I'll bet Tiger Mommy's never pee'd on the carpet just for fun or poo'd on her clothes in the middle of the night and made her kids clean it up.  I have...and I laughed inside the whole time!

And when's the last time Tiger Mommy woke her kids up every hour all night, then made them get up at 6 a.m.?  I did it 3 days in a row last week.  And when Tiger Mommy's displeased with a card from her kids, she may throw it back at them, but when I was displeased with the applesauce mommy gave me this week, I poured it all over my tummy then dumped the rest on the floor.  Top that.

My secret weapon, though, is knowing just when they're on the edge of cracking, then crawling in their laps and being sweet.  I don't want to break them just yet - I have years of fun left in this game.  Watch out, Tiger Mommy, this Tiger Baby knows how to ROAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment