Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sick Girl and Co-Sleeping

Babykins came down with her first cold this weekend, at 9 1/2 months (I swear I don't over-shelter her - she just has an excellent immune system).  It started with a little cough on Friday, then escalated to a strong cough and fever on Saturday. 

This led to Babykins sleeping with us Saturday night.  We have always avoided co-sleeping, not because sleeping with a little baby isn't sweet, but because we already barely sleep, and our bed in Hawaii is especially small. 

The first time I woke up, she was snuggled in my arm, which had long fallen asleep.  The second time I woke up, she was on her back with arms and legs splayed wide, Hubbykins and I huddling on the extreme edges of the bed.  The third time I woke up because she had turned sideways and was trying to burrow her head into my stomach while kicking Hubbykins in the ribs.

I'm pleased to say everyone's recovering from Babykins' first cold.  Babykins is on the mend, with just a runny nose and occasional cough left of her cold, and Hubbykins and I once again have our bed back.  That cold has been dominated!

No comments:

Post a Comment