Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bye-Bye Infant Seat, Hello Big Girl Stroller

After having a few fights with Babykins in Walmart (what is it about that store that brings out the bad behavior in children?) over whether she was allowed to kneel in her infant stroller and hang her head over the side, I decided it was time to retire her infant seat and move on to her big girl stroller.

Aside from the emotional aspect of realizing Babykins is no longer a tiny baby, there have been some definite pros and cons to the change.

Cons
  • Now that Babykins is facing forward, we can't interact on our walks like we used to.  No more songs, and stories, and funny faces.
  • It is now impossible to keep all of Babykins guarded from the sun.  At any given time, there's an arm or leg outside the shade her hood provides.  This has led us to daily applications of sun block :(
  • There's no way to keep her toys safely contained in the stroller, greatly increasing the amount of time we spend playing the "Pick Up Babykins' Toys from the Sidewalk" game.
Pros
  • Babykins gets a much better view of the world during our walks.
  • Safety, safety, safety.  There's no way for Babykins to escape from her big girl stroller.
And, the absolute, number one benefit of the big girl stroller: When I buy a junky snack to eat on an especially long walk, Babykins can't stare accusingly at me when I don't share.

No comments:

Post a Comment