Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Can Do It Myself!

A few days ago, Babykins figured out how to feed herself Cheerios. It was a great discovery and a big milestone. Babykins was very excited to realize she could control the flow of food into her mouth.

She was so excited, in fact, that since then she has refused to eat anything she can't feed herself. Which basically means that she won't eat anything off a spoon. Goodbye, yogurt. Goodbye, baby food. For the last few days, Babykins has essentially been reduced to Cheerios and rice crackers.

Then, thanks to one of the mommies at play group, we discovered the joy of squeazable food.  Picture a large tube of toothpaste filled with pureed food.  I handed one to Babykins at dinner last night, and within minutes she had sucked down the entire container.

Unfortunately, they have a mess factor roughly equivalent to handing your 3-year-old a red juice box in the car while driving over a bumpy road.  I'll take it, though, for the sweet, sweet success of a happily eating baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment