Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Babykins and Mama Discuss the Wireless Router

Babykins (Pulling herself up on the TV stand): I know Mama told me yesterday I couldn't play with the wireless router, but maybe today it'll be OK. (Reaches hand toward router.)

Me: Babykins, don't touch that.

Babykins (Sitting down):  I guess I still can't play with it.  (Waits 3 seconds.)  Maybe she's forgotten.  (Stands back up and reaches for router.)

Me: Babykins, no.  You can't play with the router.

Babykins (Pulls hand back): She remembered!  Darn.  (Waits 3 seconds.)  Maybe if I smile cute while I reach for it, she'll let me have the router.  (Reaches hand out.)

Me (In firm mommy voice):  Babykins, I said no.  No playing with the router.

Babykins (Sitting down):  Hmmm...Mama sounded serious that time.  But she's all the way in the kitchen, and I'm right here.  I bet I can get the router before she gets me.  (Stands up and reaches for wireless router.)

Me (Sprinting across the room):  Babykins, no!

Who was faster?  Babykins or Mama?  Does the Babykins household still have wireless internet?  Tune in next week to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment