Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Squish, Squish, Squish

When Auntie MO was visiting us, she taught Babykins to stand at the window, look down on the street below, and squish any minions who displeased her. Babykins obliged this activity by pushing her little thumb against the glass and twisting it back and forth. It was very cute to watch.

Then yesterday at playgroup, Babykins decided to go for a walk. As she held on to my hands, she suddenly detoured from the toy she was chasing and purposely tried to to step on one of the smaller babies.  While the other mommies found this amusing, I knew that she was really just trying to squish a minion.  I can't imagine what that little 6-monther did to displease her, but Babykins was definitely on a mission.

So now we begin the task of trying to teach Babykins that while it's alright to metaphorically squish minions with your thumb from the 31st floor, actually squishing tiny baby minions with your foot at playgroup isn't going to win you any friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment