Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

If Only, If Only...

As ruling princess of our house, Babykins has come to think that all things should work exactly as she wants.  Which is why she's very confused about why some of her greatest dreams just won't come true.  For example, two nights ago Babykins was fussing in her crib.  I went in to check on what was wrong and found her with one pacifier in her mouth and one in her hand.  She was trying valiantly to get the second pacifier in her mouth, as well, but only succeeded in repeatedly banging it against the one she was already sucking on.  I took pity and removed the pacifier from her hand, at which point she quickly clamped both hands over the one in her mouth.

Her other big wish is to find a way to simultaneously nurse and suck her thumb.  No matter how many times she tries, though, all she succeeds in doing is dribbling milk out the side of her mouth.  Not only is she not accomplishing her goal, she's losing part of her dinner, as well :( 

Luckily, Babykins can take solace in the fact that she's very close to achieving another big milestone...she's just seconds away from crawling!  Keep dreaming big, Babykins.  You're on your way!

1 comment:

  1. Mommykins,

    Babykins is simply dreaming big!!!

    ReplyDelete