Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Monday, November 22, 2010

She Comes from a Land Down Under

Our little Babykins is Australmerican - half Australian, half American.  After 7 months of living in the U.S., we have taken her on her first trip to Australia.  On Friday we packed up our gear (all 3 of us packing into just 2 carry-ons and 2 personal items, thanks very much) and boarded Hawaiian Airlines for a 10 hour flight.

Here I have to admit...Babykins was by far the best baby on the plane!  She had a minor melt down toward the end of the flight, but after 10 straight hours stuffed into small seats and breathing recycled air, I was about ready to melt down, as well (although I managed not to cry).

Since arriving, she's met many of Hubbykins friends, along with new aunts, uncles, cousins, and her great-grandma.  She's been having a lovely time introducing herself to a new set of adoring subjects.  Who knew it could be so wonderful to have a set of, as Auntie MO would call them, minions on both sides of the globe.

This taste of travel has given Babykins a new inkling of her ability to slowly dominate the world, one cute smile at a time.  With the U.S. and Australia thoroughly conquered, she's starting to eye up small European countries.  Watch your back, Kate Middleton - Babykins has discovered it's nice to be Queen :)

1 comment:

  1. As long as she continues to smile at her royal subjects, Babykins will be a hit. Even if she doesn't smile, we will love her.

    ReplyDelete