Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Watch out Janis Joplin, here comes Babykins!

If you want to see a group of stay-at-home mommies get all riled up, mention that your baby said "dada" before "mama."  Yesterday, Babykins woke up from her nap and laid quietly whispering "dadadadada" the entire time I changed her diaper.  By that evening, she was saying it at full volume.  And this morning, it was the first thing she said when I picked her up from her crib.

I don't begrudge Hubbykins the"dadadas".  What I find funny, though, is that Babykins says "dada", as well as "bababa" and "wawawa", in a gravelly, "I've been smoking cigarettes and drinking whiskey my whole life" kind of voice.  If Babykins knew how to sing, she could give Janis Joplin a run for her money.

I suppose it shouldn't be too surprising, though.  Babykins was born in the year of the tiger, and she's been growling and roaring since she learned how to make noise.  Our little tiger prefers a good "grrr" to a high-pitched baby noise any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment