Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Welcome Back!

We have returned from our trip to Australia, and Babykins officially has stamps in her passport.  It was a great trip, and Babykins once again reminded us why she's the best baby in the world.  Not only are we proud of the things she did - smiled and cooed at friends and family, napped like a champ, ate her first bites of chicken, and behaved beautifully while being babysat - we're also proud of the things she didn't do.

First and foremost, unlike all of the other babies around us on the plane ride home, Babykins did not throw up.  After having toddlers in the rows directly in front and behind us do some serious throwing up, I've never been so proud of Babykins ability to keep her food in her tummy.  She also avoided public meltdowns and held off on developing stranger anxiety and crawling abilities (two milestones that often pop up around this age) while traveling in another country and on small, enclosed planes.

Thank you for a fabulous trip, Babykins!  You were brave, well-behaved, and (as one soon-to-be father put it) a good advertisement for having kids.  As a reward, we're giving you 17 days of R&R before we test you one more time on the flight to Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment