Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mama!!!!!

Sometimes, you're just so glad to have a witness.

Babykins, Auntie MO and I are walking down the hall to the apartment this afternoon after a quick swim (yes, we went swimming in November - I LOVE Hawaii).  I'm carrying Babykins, who is looking around the hallway at the lights, not making a sound.  All of a sudden, out of nowhere, she very loudly calls, "Mama!"  And proceeded to not make another noise until we got to the apartment.

I'm sure it was just a random sound combo for her and she wasn't actually  addressing me, but it was still one of the most exciting mommy moments I've had.  I think I actually scared her a bit with how excited I was - big hug and kisses and lots of laughter. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon looking at her and prompting, "Say Mama," but she has yet to repeat the feat.  Which makes me very glad Auntie MO witnessed the event, or by now I'd be starting to doubt that it actually happened.  Yea, Babykins!!!  Keep up the wonderfulness :)

1 comment: