Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Return of the Mack

dFirst and most important, happy 7 month birthday, Babykins!!!  You're growing so fast and reaching so many new milestones, it's just amazing.  Mommy and daddy love you!

Last night, for the first time in almost 6 months, Hubbykins and I went out by ourselves for a date night.  Auntie MO volunteered to babysit while we went out to eat, and we planned to put the baby down to bed, then head out for an evening on the town.

Our plans changed a bit, but we ended up having a fabulous evening.  We went out early for drinks with friends, then returned home to put Babykins to bed, then headed out again for a solo dinner.  Auntie MO took a picture of us before we left, and when we saw it later, it was like looking at our pre-pregnancy selves.  Being out on the town with Hubbykins even made me feel like my pre-pregnancy self again for the first time in over a year. 

Despite being a little nervous about being away from Babykins, she had a fun night with her auntie and we had a fun night being grown ups.  We even managed to make it through the whole evening without calling home.

Babykins did make her opinion about our going out known, though.  Despite enjoying herself while we were gone, and going right to sleep when we stopped home, once we returned for the night she woke up every half hour for the rest of the night just to make sure we didn't go out again.  Just letting us know we shouldn't plan on making date night a regular event quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment