Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

yteixnA noitarapeS

Being in Pennsylvania surrounded by family has given me the opportunity to do things I normally can't do.  I've gone to lunch with friends, gone out with my sisters, taken showers that didn't revolve around Babykins' nap schedule, and today Hubbykins and I are going to the movies.

These activities have left Babykins in the loving care of family for up to 2 hours at a time.  My aunts are always happy to remind me of the time they babysat me as a 2-year-old and I cried for 2 straight hours.  This is definitely not Babykins' problem.  She loves playing with everyone and hardly notices that I'm gone.

The problem is that Babykins has reverse separation anxiety.  In the living room with grandparents and aunts, she plays, she giggles, she crawls, she coos.  Not a tear in sight.  The moment I walk in the room, her bottom lip quivers, her eyes scrunch up, and the crying begins. 

I'm not sure why the reverse separation anxiety hits.  Is she punishing me for leaving?  Is she sad that the fun time is over?  Or is she just reminding me that she is firmly in charge.  If that's the case, she can stop crying...I'm sure I won't forget anytime soon who wears the diapers in this family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment