Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baby Genius

Babykins is obsessed with all things that belong to mommy and daddy - especially electronics. She'll move heaven and earth to get her hands on our laptops, and no remote is safe. In an attempt to watch an entire show without the channel suddenly changing on us, Hubbykins finally started just taking the batteries out of our remotes and letting Babykins play with them.

Auntie MO saw this on her trip here and sent Babykins a fabulous gift - a Sesame Street remote control. It's very realistic, with a number pad, volume control, and fast-forward/rewind buttons. We waited to give it to Babykins until the TV was on and she made a grab for one of our remotes. We were hoping the re-direction would cause her to fall madly in love with her new, personal remote.

And she does love it. But the other day, I watched her mental gears turn and realized we have a baby genius on our hands.

I had a show on, and Babykins was sitting on my lap playing with her remote. I watched her push a button, then look at the TV. Nothing happened. She looked down at her remote, pushed another button, and looked expectantly back at the TV. Again, nothing happened. She tried one more time, this time banging her little hand across as many buttons as possible. She looked back at the TV. When she saw that once again, nothing had happened, she threw down her remote and made a bee line for the real remote.

I hadn't expected her to figure this out, and she'd captured the TV remote and pushed every button before I was able to catch up. That's OK. I wanted to watch Elmo's World, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! You are making lemonade out of lemons. I think you really wanted to watch one of those "stay at home mom" shows.

    ReplyDelete