Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Who Loves the Zoo? We Do! We Do!

Babykins took her first trip to the zoo on Sunday.  The Honolulu Zoo is fairly small, but so is Babykins, so it worked out perfectly.  We were there for approximately two hours and saw about a quarter of the zoo.

Babykins, intrepid in her little pink "Adventurer Vest," had a wonderful time shaking her fists at the elephants, talking to the tiger, and kicking her legs at the reptiles.  The real treat, though, came when we reached the Keiki Zoo (Hawaii's version of the petting zoo).

After a loooong look at the fish, Babykins worked up her courage and petted a goat.  Luckily, the goat didn't try to pet her back.  By this time, the excitement and heat had done their work, and Babykins was ready for her afternoon nap.  All in all a very successful trip, and one we're looking forward to doing again.  Next time we may even make it half way through.

Babykins shows the fish her Adventurer Vest

No comments:

Post a Comment