Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Add That to the List of Bad Ideas

Being a mommy is a constant learning experience.  Through trial and error, I've discovered some wonderful activities to do with Babykins.  This weekend, however, I discovered an activity that will be added to my "List of Bad Ideas."

Last week, I got it in my head to do a craft project with Babykins.  Note to readers: No matter how simple the idea sounds, doing a craft project with an 8-month-old is a baaaaad idea.  But I didn't know that at the time, so Babykins and I took a trip to Walmart and stocked up on all of the supplies we'd need.

I won't go into details about the project, because we're using it for something secret at the moment, but by this morning I'd spent 2 hours armed with scissors and a glue stick, and Hubbykins, Babykins, and I were all covered in red ink.  Plus, as Hubbykins noticed, the ink looked remarkably like blood, so I had to do an extra good job cleaning up Babykins before we could venture out in public.

And after all that, we're only half-way done.  Tomorrow we're going to brave the blue ink, complete the project, and take a sacred vow to never, ever again do a craft project with an infant.

No comments:

Post a Comment