Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Crawling!!!

For over a month now, Babykins has desperately wanted to crawl.  She could get on her hands and knees and rock back and forth.  She could even commando crawl for a few inches.  Most exciting, she could crawl backwards a fair distance.  Crawling forward, however, remained an elusive target.

All of that changed yesterday.  My old tempting trick of building a block tower for Babykins to knock down had ceased to serve as motivation (instead of trying to reach it, Babykins would just lay her head on the ground and look at me with big, sad blue eyes).  Instead, I pulled out a new toy sent by Auntie MO - the Move and Crawl Ball.  This ball, when you push the buttons, plays music, flashes lights, and rolls away from you.  If you lose interest and stop chasing it, after awhile it plays more music to re-capture your attention. 

I placed in on the floor about a foot in front of Babykins, and after her initial shock that it could play music without her help, she decided to go after it.  She got on her hands and knees, rocked back and forth, gave that ball a hard stare, and moved her knee forward!  After which, she promptly collapsed on her belly.

Never fear.  Babykins, our intrepid adventurer, continued to chase that ball, and by the evening she was crawling a foot at a time in an effort to capture it.  It was an exciting development, and one that Hubbykins captured with copious pictures. 

We're heading to Pennsylvania for Christmas this week, and all I can say is, "Look out Christmas Tree!  Here comes Babykins!"

No comments:

Post a Comment