Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Babykins' Bedtime Diary

7:15 - Used to be bedtime.  Have trained parents that this is bad bedtime.  In highchair eating Cheerios.
8:15 - Get ready for bed.  Fall asleep in mama's arms while eating.
8:30 - Something's wrong!  Open eyes.  Mama's putting me down in cage thing.  Cry.
8:40 - Have been turned, rolled, patted, and rubbed.  Still in cage thing.  Cry more.
8:45 - Parents finally get it.  Am removed from cage.
9:00 - Crying was invigorating.  Playing in living room.
9:15 - Ready for bed, again.  Fall asleep in mama's arms while eating.
9:30 - Parents not as dumb as they seem.  Have moved mattress out of cage, onto floor.
11:30 - Forget there's no cage.  Roll off mattress onto floor.  Cry.
12:30 - Try to suck pacifier.  Where is pacifier?!  Cry.
2:30 - Sleeping is hard work.  Hungry.  Cry.  Eat.
4:30 - Pacifier gone again.  Know how to put it back in.  Too tired.  Cry.
5:30 - Roll onto tummy.  Forget there's no cage.  Sleep with legs on floor, head on mattress.  Is this what it feels like to have a pillow?
6:30 - Feeling refreshed.  Wake up, parents!  Time to play!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodnesss, it is true. What goes around, comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily Dressel 28 years ago.

    8:30 pm Put her down to sleep. Okay, stop right there. I am totally lying. My babykins, aka-Mommykins, NEVER had a set bedtime and had a crib that needed dusted, that's how little it got used.

    Present day Mommykins did do this though. Crawl from bedroom to grammykin's room. See the step-up separating grammykins from her babykins. Climb up the step, have no clue how to get down the step. Smash face into floor.

    Repeat this every day for six months.

    Now that I think of it-why didn't I put a pad down beneath that step??? Sorry Mommykins.

    ReplyDelete