Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Role Reversal

For most of Babykins' life, my biggest challenge as a stay at home mom has been her short attention span. When she would only focus on an activity for 5 minutes at a time, filling a 10 hour day is a challenge. Even taking out 2 hours for nap, that's still 96 activities required to take us through until daddy gets home.

Recently, though, I've been having the opposite challenge. Babykins got a dollhouse for Christmas, and she has a looooong attention span when it comes to playing with it. We're talking a good hour, at least. Maybe longer. The problem is that Babykins isn't content to play with it on her own. I have to play, too. And my dollhouse attention span is roughly...5 minutes.

In an effort to be a good mommy, I can last for a half hour. But I never thought I'd see the day when my toddler's attention span outlasted mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment