Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Future Actor

We spent the holidays at my in-laws house.  At one point while we were there, Babykins didn't get her way and she put on a big show of being sad.  Later, when she was out of the room, we were discussing her excellent ability to put on the sad face at will.

In the middle of that discussion, I hear Babykins calling me from her room.  I go in to find her crying again about the same incident.  I picked her up and started talking to her, but after a minute she interrupted me.

Babykins: Mama, I want to see it.
Me: What do you want to see?
Babykins: I want to see in the mirror.
Me: Why do you want to look in the mirror?
Babykins: I want to see my sad face!

So not only does she know how to put on her sad face, she knows she's doing it!  I don't stand a chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment