Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Why Did the Cockatoo Get on the Ferry?

With the addition of Babyroo to the family, Hubbykins and I decided that once a month Babykins should get a special day out with mommy or daddy without Babyroo. We were hoping this would help keep some of the jealousy at bay. Much to our surprise, when we told Babykins last month that she could have a special day out with just mommy, she looked at us and said, "Okay, but can daddy and Babyroo come, too?"

Which is how we all ended up on a ferry ride to Cockatoo Island. There aren't any actual cockatoos on the island, but Babykins still had a wonderful time.

Then yesterday, as Babykins and I were leaving the house, we heard a really loud bird squawk. We looked up, and I pointed out to Babykins that it was a cockatoo. Babykins nodded wisely and informed me, "It's probably getting on the ferry, mama, to go to Cockatoo Island."

Can't argue with that logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment