Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Monday, February 4, 2013

And Puppy Dog Tails

Babyroo is going through the hand-chewing phase. He loves nothing more than to shove his entire fist in his mouth and chew until the drool is dripping and his little fingers are red.

Occasionally, though, his hand will get away from him. The other day he was lying on the floor playing with his hands, when I heard him start to growl. I looked over to discover that his hand had decided to stay on the floor and he was desperately trying to turn his head far enough to the side to reach it with his mouth.

I watched for a minute to see if he would realize that he could just move his hand closer. Instead, he gave a frustrated shout and pushed with his feet, lifting his lower body off the floor and allowing his mouth to get closer to his hand, which was still firmly resting on the floor.

At this point, I took pity on my red-faced little boy, walked over, and moved his hand to his mouth. He chewed contentedly for a minute before removing his hand, flinging it back onto the floor, giving a loud growl, and moving his head in a frantic effort to get his mouth closer. He looked for all the world like a puppy chasing its tail. But then, that's what little boys are made of.

Editor's note: Last weekend, Babyroo was so intent on getting his mouth to his hand that he actually rolled from his back to his tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment