Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Norman Rockwell Moments

Every once in awhile, I'll look around and feel like I have achieved the perfect Norman Rockwell moment with my babies.  These most often come at bath time.  With Babykins in the big tub playing with her toys and Babyroo in his baby tub happily splashing away, the sense of perfect zen happiness is almost overwhelming.  Especially with Christmas coming up, most bath times now involve Babykins and I singing Christmas carols together (I like to focus on Santa Claus is Coming to Town...any song that advocates being nice and not screaming gets my vote).  It is magical.

Then earlier this week, we had finished up round one of dinner (when I feed Babykins the first part of her meal while we wait for Hubbykins to come home).  Babykins was sitting at the table practicing cutting up paper with her little toddler scissors, Babyroo was sitting in the kitchen cooing, and I was washing dishes singing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.  And I realized that I have it really darn good.  We had reached perfection.  Happy sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment