Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Friday, November 2, 2012

(Not So) Stick Figures

This actually happened before Babyroo was born.

Although I got the feeling Babykins didn't really remember me pre-pregnancy, she was definitely well aware of my large belly.  One day when I was 8 months pregnant, we were sitting outside doing chalk drawings, when I started to draw our family in stick figures.

I started with Babykins.  She got curly hair as her distinguishing feature.  Next, I moved on to Hubbykins.  Babykins informed me I had to draw him bigger than the Babykins figure.  Yes, we have a very smart toddler.  As I was drawing Hubbykins' arms, Babykins requested that I draw them so their stick figures were holding hands.  She's also a very sweet toddler.  Last, I moved on to drawing myself.  I was almost done, when Babykins declared, "No, Mama!  Your picture needs a BIG belly!"  She then insisted I draw a big circle for my belly, after which she was satisfied that we were all accurately represented in our pictures.  Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blogs. Glad you started them again.

    ReplyDelete