Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Things you don't want to hear

Most parents will agree that the top 2 things you don't want to hear from your kids are:
1) a sudden, unexplained shriek from the room where your kids are playing, and
2) (perhaps even more concerning) a sudden, unexplained silence from the room where your kids are playing.

This week, I added a third thing to the list.  Babykins, Babyroo, and I were all in the bedroom together. Babykins was coloring, and Babyroo was lying on the bed looking out the window.  Babyroo had started to fuss a bit, so I quick ran to another room to get my nursing pillow.  While I was gone (for all of 30 seconds) the fussing turned into full crying.  At which point I hear Babykins call, "Don't worry, Mama!  I'll pick him up!"  Post-partum healing be damned, I yelled out, "No!" and sprinted into that room.

Luckily, Babykins had changed tactics and had her finger in Babyroo's mouth, hoping he would start to suck on it.  He wasn't thrilled, but it was quite possibly the best thing I'd seen all day.  What a good helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment