Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

My new favorite phrases

The older Babykins gets, the more she busts out some cute phrases.

A few months ago, she started using these gems:

(Whenever something didn't go as planned): Oh, man.
(When she wanted to watch her video, and thought a cute approach would help her cause): How about (clap) Mary Poppins!
(If Hubbykins or I hurt ourselves): You alright there?
(Always a favorite): I love you SO much.
(Pointing to my pregnant tummy): Shhh...baby's sleeping.

Lately, though, I've been hearing Babykins parroting back things I say to her on a regular basis:

(When we give her two choices, and she's not sure she likes either one): Let's talk about this.
(When I try to hurry her along during a rambling explanation): You need to be patient when I tell you something, Mama.
(When she doesn't want to stop playing to do what I've asked of her): Just wait one minute.
(And, one of my favorites, her version of "because"): Somecause
(When I tell her not to do something, but she plans on doing it anyway): I just be careful.

If nothing else, I've learned to watch what I say around a 2 1/2 year-old...

No comments:

Post a Comment