Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Grizzle Bear

Babyroo is the noisiest sleeper ever.  He doesn't just lie quietly while he sleeps.  He squirms.  He grunts.  He groans.  He growls.  I was trying to explain this to the nurse, and the only word I could think of to describe his behavior was "rootch."  I knew there was no way she would know what that word meant, and I was too tired to think of a way to translate it, so she unfortunately didn't understand the full breadth of noisiness I was trying to describe.

A couple days later I was reading some baby literature and came across the word "grizzle."  It was the absolute perfect word to describe Babyroo's behavior!  Since then, he has officially become our Grizzle Bear.  In the last 5 weeks, I have come to figure out a rough pattern of what his grunts and growls stand for.  I wish I could show you a pie chart, but since I can't, here's the bullet point breakdown:

  • 50% of the time: I'm trying to fart/poop
  • 20% of the time: Now that I've cleared out space, I want to nurse
  • 20% of the time: Now that I've nursed, I need to spit up
  • 10% of the time: I don't need anything, I just don't want those big people in the bed next to me to sleep
Mission accomplished, Babyroo, mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment