Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sad Face :(

I wish I had an amusing anecdote to add to Babykins' blog this week, but she has been a very sick baby.  Between high fevers, throwing up, and a white tongue, we have spent most of the week cuddled on the couch.

Although I hate to see her sick, it's been sweet to see the progression of Babykins' snuggling.  When she was first born, cuddling wasn't a guaranteed way to quiet her down.  Within days, though, Babykins realized the joy of being held and rocked (she especially enjoyed this at 3 am).  It was an amazing day when Babykins was able to reach out her arms when she wanted to be picked up.  It's simultaneously heart-breaking and overwhelmingly sweet to see your crying baby reach out for you.  Fast forward a couple more months, and instead of just cuddling when she was upset or hurt, Babykins started giving hugs.  What a wonderful feeling to have your baby put her arms around your neck, not because she's sad, but because she's so happy to see you.

This week, I've been so worried about Babykins' illness that I've had her sleep in with us so I could keep an eye on her.  In the past, I've found that if she's restless, she'll often quiet down if I snuggle her in to my side.  These last few nights she's realized the same thing.  Instead of lying there fussing until I pull her next to me, Babykins has started rolling over and cuddling into my side.  It's moments like these that cause us to forget the pain of childbirth.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Babykins is right as rain by now.

    ReplyDelete