Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fashionista

When I pick Babykins up from daycare, I try to sneak in quietly so that I can spend a few minutes watching her play before she notices me.  Last week, I walked in to find her prancing around the Wobbler room in a fluffy pink princess skirt. 

When I called her name, Babykins was thrilled to show off her new skirt.  The teachers told me that during dress-up time, Babykins had immediately picked out the skirt and carried it over to them for help in putting it on.  When dress-up time ended, she refused to take it off and spent the rest of the day swishing in sparkly pink tulle.  Add to this the green purse that Babykins has started carrying around all day, every day at daycare, and it seems we have a fashionista on our hands.

To encourage Babykins' budding fashion sense, Hubbykins and I have started letting Babykins pick out her own outfit in the morning.  For the most part, this is a success.  She has an affinity for onesies and seems to like pink, which could partly be due to the fact that that accurately describes 90% of the clothing in her dresser.  Admittedly, she doesn't have a large range to choose from.  Babykins does occasionally like to be cutting edge, though.  Friday she wanted three different colored barrettes in her hair, and proudly went to daycare with them accessorizing her outfit.

Yesterday I watched as Babykins patiently stood still while the teacher fitted her with the hand-painted hula skirts they've been working on for a week.  And last week Babykins came home with her hair in two "palm tree" pig tails on top of her head.  Although she'll often run away half way through a diaper change, it seems that even Babykins is willing to make exceptions when it comes to fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment