Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Spoon/Tub Correlation

This week, Babykins acquired her own collection of bowls, spoons, and forks.  They're plastic, brightly colored, and directly responsible for an increase in our water bill.

The first time I put a bowl of yogurt on Babykins tray and handed her a spoon, she immediately dipped it into the bowl, brought it to her mouth, and sucked off the yogurt!  Granted, it was the handle end of the spoon she was sucking on, but I was still very proud of her coordination.

The only down-side is that the more often Babykins feeds herself, the more often she ends up in the bath tub.  We're currently at 2 baths a day, one after breakfast and one after dinner.  In an effort to not turn her into a wrinkly prune, I've stopped feeding her anything even slightly messy at lunch. 

Tonight she had pureed mangos, Cheerios, an apple slice, and string cheese for dinner.  By the end of the meal, her face, tummy, arms, and legs were all covered with mangos, Cheerios were stuck to her chest, and apple pieces lined her leg.  As we carried her straight from her high chair to the tub, pieces of cheese fell from her body, leaving a trail of dinner down the hallway.

It's an exciting new phase of of Babykin's development, and one that the water company is thrilled we've reached.  Next week's activity: inventing the full-body bib.

No comments:

Post a Comment