Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mimimimi

Babykins and I spend approximately 50 hours each week having intense together time.  As a result, I'm always on the look out for new and exciting ways to keep her entertained.  Along with the many toys and books Babykins has, almost every plastic kitchen tool I own has served as a play thing, as well as boxes of tissues, a roll of toilet paper, and many piles of laundry.

Last week, as I was lying on the floor letting Babykins crawl back and forth over my legs, I suddenly flashed back to a happy memory of a childhood game.  I remember being 4 or 5, sitting on the floor next to Grandpa P, and he would pretend to fall asleep, closing his eyes and fake snoring, "Mimimimi."  I would laugh, shake his shoulder, and call his name (which at that age I knew only as "Grandpa" - I was still years away from realizing he had an actual name) trying to wake him up.  After a few seconds he would suddenly open his eyes wide, and the game could begin all over again.

Although Babykins is only 10 months old, I thought I'd give the game a try with her.  I waited until she was looking at me, closed my eyes, and said, "Mimimimi."  I fake snored a few more times, then peeked an eye open to see her response.  She was sitting there smiling, flapping her arms in her "I'm excited" motion.  I closed my eye, snored again, and felt her little hand on my face.  When I popped open my eyes, she sat back and laughed in delight.

It's become a favorite game for Babykins.  I can lie down on the floor, close my eyes, say "Mimimimi," and she'll come crawling from anywhere in the room to push on my face and wake me up.  Thank you, Grandpa P, for the happy memories and new game inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment