Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Baby's Got Sauce

Babykins can occasionally have a bit of a stubborn streak.  And because she's 3, when I try to reason with her and explain that being stubborn is holding her back from something wonderful, I usually (let's be honest, ALWAYS) fail.

A recent example...

Babykins has decided she doesn't like sauce.  She doesn't like tomato sauce (Australian for ketchup) on her meat pies.  She doesn't like pasta sauce on her pasta.  Apparently, sauce is gross.

So the other day, I asked Babykins if she would like some ice cream.  She yelled, "Yes!" and ran for her chair.  She had been especially good that day, so as a special treat...

Me: Babykins, would you like chocolate sauce on your ice cream?
Babykins: No.  I don't like sauce.
Me: Listen to what I'm asking you.  Do you want CHOCOLATE sauce?
Babykins: I don't like sauce!
Me: But, this sauce is made of chocolate!  You like chocolate.
Babykins: I DON'T LIKE SAUCE!

Good enough for me.  Babykins proceeded to have ice cream with no chocolate sauce, and I spent the rest of the evening marveling over 3-year-old logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment