Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Why?

We are firmly in the middle of the "why" phase.  For those of you not familiar with this phase, it goes something like this:

We're walking home from town yesterday, and Babykins points to a random man walking ahead of us...
Babykins: Mommy, where's that man going?
Me (umm...I'm supposed to know where everyone's going?  Ok, he's wearing a suit and walking into a residential area, so I make an educated guess.): He's going home from work.
Babykins: Where's his home?
Me (Seriously?  Where's his home?): I don't know, Babykins.
Babykins: Why?
Me (Why?  Does she want to know why I don't know?  Or have I missed a transition in the conversation?): I just don't know, Babykins.  I don't know where everyone lives.
Babykins (Thinks about this for a second, then takes a breath, and...): Why is he going home?
Me: Because it's getting late.  It's time for everyone to go home for dinner.
Babykins: Are we going home for dinner?
Me: Yes.
Babykins: Why?
Me: Because it's getting late.  You and Babyroo need to have dinner, then a bath.
Babykins: Why? (Then she fully comprehends my last sentence.) But I don't want a bath!  Why do I need to take a bath?
Me: Because you've been playing all day and you're dirty.
Babykins: Why?
Me: Look!  There's our house!  How about some TV?

And for once, Babykins didn't ask "why".

No comments:

Post a Comment