Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Boast Post

Let me be upfront - this post is designed for no other reason than to let me brag about my genius Babykins.  She is now 2 1/2 years old.

So the other day I'm sitting at the table doing some work while Babykins is "writing" with a pen on a piece of big cardboard in the kitchen.  I can hear her talking and singing to herself, but I'm not listening very closely....until I hear some letters, and my ears perk up.

I hear an "S."  I listen closer.  Then an "o."  I'm even more focused.  And as I continue to listen in amazement, I realize that Babykins has just correctly spelled her name!  She has been over there this whole time pretending to write her name, and although she can't actually form the letters, she knows what they are.

My daughter is a genius.  Feel free to be jealous.

Ok.  Enough bragging...for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment