Aloha!

I recently read this section, and realized I hadn't updated it in over a year! In that time, we've moved to Australia, had a new baby (added to this blog as Babyroo!), and Babykins is now 3! It's been an exciting year.

I'm not even pretending anymore that I'll add to this blog every few days. It's more like once or twice a month - if I'm lucky. But thanks to everyone for continuing to read it. I love my family, and I hope you do, too!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Babykins!

Babykins turned 1 year old on Thursday, a momentous occasion that we celebrated with presents, and cupcakes, and much video recording.  It's hard to believe that it's already been a year since our baby entered the world.  It feels like she's always been a part of our lives, and while I can remember lazy days of sleeping in, reading books, and driving with the top down, I can no longer imagine a life where our family only consists of two.

As always, Babykins had some surprises in store for us.  After opening some presents, we took a break for dinner and cupcakes.  We were completely shocked when, after sticking out her tongue and giving the vanilla icing a little lick, Babykins pushed away the cupcake.  Considering the vast quantities of sugar I consume, I was expecting Babykins to gobble down her dessert.  I'm not going to complain, though, about a baby without a sweet tooth.

The next day I took Babykins in for her 1 year check-up.  She weighed in at 19 pounds and measured a towering 28 inches.  Watching her everyday, we knew she was growing, but it's still mind blowing to think that in one year Babykins has grown 8.5 inches and gained 12 pounds!

Every day Babykins continues to grow and amaze us, whether it's discovering this morning that her magnetic balls will stick to the metal legs of our dining room chairs, or expressing her independence by pulling away when we try to hold her hand as she walks (ok, that one makes me a little sad).  It's been a wonderful first year, and I thank you all for following Babykins' life story.

Happy Birthday, Babykins!  Daddy and I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment